Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Kool Aid Hair Dying

Posted by BeautyGUMBO at 6:48 AM

Hi you Guys I had some questions about Koolaid Dying something I had done Months ago. I have done this off and on since My early teens years. Kool-aid dying comes from in the 70's people would use it to dye yarn, and then it became a cheap but effective way to dye hard to dye hair! I basically after a wash place it in dry using about 2 packs.
But if you want to get more professional with it Take a small cup or mixing bowl add 3 packs of black cherry kool aid is what I used in the above pick, a few drops of water and a few drops of conditioner stir into a paste. Then start laying it on to the section's you want color. I let stand for about 20 minutes sometime longer because I have dark hair. Then rinse with Luke warm water continue to style as usual, This will last up to 5-9 washing's

5 comments:

Jennifer from Toronto - Spiced Beauty on January 6, 2009 at 12:02 PM said...

PINK OMG YOU READ MY MIND!!This is all I been talking about for 2 weeks. I wanna dye my red..well the front but the bf said it will damage my hair...
Either way I love it <3

LaQT/ Ty on January 6, 2009 at 1:17 PM said...

I heard of ppl doing this. No damage. It's much simpler than a rinse.I remember the color being intense depending on how light the hair was. Couldn't really see the hair color well due to background but I'm sure it came out great.

1xellus1 on January 6, 2009 at 4:54 PM said...

girl, it's been a hot minute since i remembered those kool-aid rinses girl. urs looks great! remember jazzing? i used to get the purplishblack kind all the time.

BeautyGUMBO on January 7, 2009 at 1:41 PM said...

Its was really red at first! I havent had any problems at all with it

ShanSoPink on January 19, 2009 at 7:30 AM said...

does the color rub off onto your clothes and stuff afterwards?

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Chitika

 

ME MY HAIR AND I Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates